Our client – a leading fashion retailer in the Middle East representing various international brands across the GCC is currently searching for an individual with a creative flair and a passion for fashion capable of driving sales performance to optimal levels.
They are looking for an individual who comes from a background in fashion and a good understanding of printing and various patterns.
The role will also include the following responsibilities:
|– Drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
– Examine sample garments, modifying designs to achieve desired effects.
– Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
– Confer with sales and management executives or with clients to discuss design ideas.
– Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
– Review garment magazines and manuals to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.
– Select materials and production techniques to be used for products.
– Provide sample garments to sales representatives, and arrange for showings of sample garments at sales meetings.
– Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
– Visit competitor’s showrooms to keep up-to-date on the latest fabrics & Models, to Be able to select fabrics within the correct price, quality range and etc.
– Collaborate with other designers to coordinate special products and designs.
– Determine prices for styles.
– Draw patterns for articles designed, cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns.
– Ensure all monthly requirements are submitted such as status reports, trip reports, shop reports and etc. – Strengthen all links with suppliers and develop a good understanding and ability to recognize who will be Capable of producing company’s product to the required quality.
– When required by the company visit trade fairs and exhibitions to source fabrics, suppliers and etc.
– Integrate findings of analysis from retail, marketing focus groups and apply knowledgeable decisions in finding more suitable conclusions to designs and collections.
– Translate international fashion trends into collections suitable for company and Flash lines.
– Travel as required mainly to comply with 4 major trips to suppliers per year, any fairs and inspirational trips in between. The board will issue and authorize all travel.
– Compare merchandise with those of the competitors internationally and locally, to develop a good Understanding of competitors in all the various countries which company sells.